Invisalign is now here to save you from all the pains of braces treatment. Based on the enquiries we get to our office; we have compiled a few frequently asked questions and have answered the same.
What is Invisalign?
It is a treatment to align your teeth to the perfect/ideal position. Unlike the conventional braces where the small metal brackets and wires which are placed on your teeth these are removable clear aligners which almost invisible when worn.
Is it one aligner which needs to be worn for the alignment?
No, a series of aligners will be provided to you (no. of aligners depends on the amount of tooth movement to be done) which needs to be changed every 10 to 15 days as recommended by your doctor.
How long will I have to wear the aligners?
You will have to wear the aligners for at least 22 hours a day. It is recommended that you remove the aligners only while brushing your teeth and while having your food.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
- It is nearly invisible, so it is most discreet. No one would get to know that you are getting your teeth aligned. They probably would just observe that your smile is getting transformed
- You can have your favourite food while getting your teeth aligned. Yes, the disadvantage of conventional metal braces are, if you eat anything hard, it breaks the braces and you’ll have to get it repaired by your orthodontist.
- With Invisalign, you just have to remove the aligner and have your favourite food before wearing it back.
- Age is not a limitation. People with any age, even as old as 70-year-olds can get their teeth aligned. So in case if you have missed getting teeth aligned during your teenage, you can still get the teeth alignment done with Invisalign.
- Brushing your teeth is easy. Since you would be removing the aligners while brushing, you will brush your teeth like before. You need not have to worry about learning a different technique to brush.
- There are many more advantages. Please refer our blog to know more.
Is Invisalign treatment available at Mysore?
Yes, Invisalign Mysore/Dental Planet is an authorized Invisalign provider and our specialist Dentist Dr.Bhagyalakshmi is the top Invisalign provider in Mysore, Coorg and Hassan region.